Saturday, September 19, 2009

Distract-o-mom

OK, so I'm writing this quick post because sitting down at the laptop and checking my facebook status reminded me that I haven't posted in a couple of days. Not a great track record for someone who just started a blog last week.

And I sat down at the laptop because I happened to be over at my desk, where I had come to get a Sharpie. Although first I had to find somewhere to put the screwdriver I picked up off the floor on the way here, because (A) it's somewhat of a hazard and (2) we'll never find it if Nathan (a.k.a. "The Vanisher") gets his hands on it.

I needed a Sharpie because I was going to consolidate the new half-dozen eggs with the previous half of the dozen carton, and wanted to differentiate the "now" eggs from the "later" eggs.

So once I found a place for the screwdriver, I had to shift some stuff to find a place to put the egg carton. Which uncovered the insurance card that I have to remember to put in the car sometime in the next three weeks. So I put that in my pocket, along with some Legos that should be dropped off upstairs in the boys' room.

And I decided I needed the Sharpie because I was unloading the groceries and was reminded once again how small and inefficient a storage unit our refrigerator is, so before I put each thing in I have to remove, discard, consolidate, rearrange.

But now it's 15 minutes later and I had forgotten not only the original goal of my coming over here, but several of the intermediate steps.

And then I had to pat the cat a little bit. He was digging in my "To File" box because he likes to be near me when I'm at my desk, and I can't be mad at him but I do want him off my desk. So I had to pat him before putting him down, which reminded me that we need to stop by the vet and get some more topical flea and tick treatment.

Which I knew the other day but then forgot to write it down on my To-Do list, which I am about to do now. OK, done.

Hey, where on earth did these six eggs come from?

No comments:

Post a Comment